Thursday, February 14, 2013

Black Gyaru(?_?*\)

hey Hey HEY PEOPLE!!!!! Anywho, what I have to talk about today is something that I just discovered. I mean I didn't discover it originally or anything you know it's just the first time for me. As you know I've been all caught up on Ulzzang this and Ulzzang that but what I didn't stop to do was think about what other styles I may be interested in. So while I continued my research on the Ulzzang style I came across something that was completely different but equally as spectacular and gorgeous. GYARU!!!!!!! Then out of curiosity for this newly found jewel of a style I looked up Black Gyaru and what I found was absolutely AMAZING!! There are soooooo many black gyarus that have so much pride in their styles and who they are as people and I was just so amazed at their confidence and I just wish that there were more Black Ulzzangs like that. But anyway there are a few other things that I would like to point out as well. There are whole communities dedicated to black gyarus and all of the people in these communities are so nice and helpful. They are just like close knit families that are always willing to give constructive critiques as well as a heads up on items that might help you in the beginning. I've already gotten a lot of help so far and I feel like I am on my way to becoming a great gaijin gyaru.

A lot of my friends asked me what is the difference between gyaru and other styles and I told them that because there are so many substyles of gyaru it's really hard to tell. However there are some things that are recurring in all styles. They are:

~Contouring the face with makeup
~False Lashes
~Big Eyes
~Blush
~Hair Focus as well depending on the style (i.g. hime-kaji and bee hive hair)

Other than these things it's really hard to pinpoint what is so very different because there are many differences between the substyles as well. So once you find out which style you like or what suits you the best then you can really get into the differences between that style and the next.

I've asked around for myself and Have been told that with my current style I fit into the mode gyaru category or even onee gyaru. Probably more so the mode than onee because I'm not quite out of high school yet.

Anyway, if you want to do some research of your own I will list some of the types of gyaru I have come across and you can find out for yourself.

  • Agejo/Kyabajo: Agejo is a very glamorous, and sexy style. Generally worn by your typical hostess, not limited to hostess. The ideal is to be flawlessly glamorous, and desirable . Emphasizing on enlarging, and enhancing the eyes with circle contact lenses, with several sets of false eyelashes. Hair style is always styled as in updoes, curls, extensions, wigs etc. Very common for agejo's to wear a couple wigs at the same time. This style is very feminine. Two steps away form being Hime-Gyaru. Agejo is a little more skimpy, but classy.
  • Amura: A girl who chooses to follow the look of Namie Amuro.
  • Bibinba (ビビンバ): This look usually includes a lot of gold, and jewellery. Similar to b-gal.
  • Banba (バンバ): Is a lighter form of manba. Banba wear less of the white makeup than manba, also use more glitter, and have a less neon hair colors.Banba's use more extreme-looking types of false eyelashes, and colored contact lenses. Some thing that banba wear a wear more darker colors(healthy amounts of color still just not as dramatic as manba though),and Club wear. The most respected Gal-cir is Angeleek; there are 22 members in their Tokyo group, and they have many other groups throughout the country.
  • Baika / Bozosoku: Biker style is characterized by lots of black/bright colors, leather, chains, and plaid. (Similar to Rokku Gyaru)
  • B-Gal: A gyaru who dresses in the Hip-hop style.
  • Coco-gyaru: A Gyaru who loves Cocolulu, and often drapes herself in cocolulu logo brand from head to toe.
  • Gaijin gyaru: foreign girls who follow gyaru fashion.
  • Ganguro (ガングロギャル): a gal with an artificial deep tan and bleached hair. This style was popular in the late 1990's, and early 2000's.
    Ganguro girl
  • A typical Ganguro gal. This style isn't as popular as it used to be.
    Marie Jung-OrtizAdded by Marie Jung-Ortiz
  • Ganjiro/Shiroi Gyaru: Any gal who chooses not to tan but follows all other gal trends. They even go above and beyond the call of duty to remain bihaku(beautifully white) and apply sunblock. Some ganjiro choose a light bronze skintone but NEVER EVER tan religiously.
  • Gyaru-kei (ギャル系): Is the modern general gyaru style. It has many substyles such as Amekaji(American Casual), Goshikku(Gothic), Saike(Psyche), Bohemian(Hippie), Rokku(Rock/Metal), and Haady(Punk/Cyber), which a creation of Egg magazine that includes bright, wild prints tied in with a raver/punk style fashion.
  • Gyaruo (ギャル男): the gyaru's male counterpart.
  • Himegyaru (姫ギャル): girls who dress as princesses. Hair colours vary from blonde to black and is usually very big and teased. They wear expensive clothing from brands such as Liz Lisa and Jesus Diamante.
    Hime
  • Hime Gyaru is very princessy.
    Marie Jung-OrtizAdded by Marie Jung-Ortiz
  • Himekaji : Casual Hime wear's things like silk camisoles, mini skirts and shorts, blouses, etc. More tone down hime gyaru.
  • Kigurumin: wear kigurumi, a type of pajama-suit that resembles an animal and sometimes cartoon characters.
  • Kyoba bo-i: the male banba. The make-up is similar to Sentaa-gai's, but the eyes can be made up to look bigger. They accessorize excessively and commonly don bangs.
  • Kogyaru: generally a high school student (高校生kōkōsei).
  • Rasuta Gyaru: Gyaru who listen to reggae wears Jamaican flags, red-green-yellow, Bob Marley, and lots of straw handbags or hemp clothing.
  • Romanba: Hime Manba seen in early 2000's.
  • Mago gyaruo(中学校chūgakkō): A middle school gal.
  • Manba (マンバ): deep tan and contrasting white make-up. Their hair is usually pastel-colored or blonde, and very long and back-combed. Their clothes are neon and layered.
  • Miruteri/Yanki: This style is typically military themed clothes.
  • Marin-Marine: Blue/Red/White stripes, anchors etc.
  • Oyajigyaru (オヤジギャル): from oyaji and gyaru. A gyaru who behaves in a masculine way, who drinks beer and uses rough language.
  • Oneegyaru (お姉ギャル): a gyaru who has graduated from high school, and thus become a more mature onee-san (literally "elder sister" but, here, "young lady"). The style is more sophisticated.
  • Onii/Oniikei (お兄、お兄系): is the male equivalent (older brother), can be confused with Visual Kei style. Onii Kei, can also be worn by women also. More sophisticated Visual kei, and Gyaru-o look.
  • Ogyaru (汚ギャル): a dirty or disheveled gyaru who may forsake daily baths or takes little care in her behavior and dress, even by gyaru standards.
  • Tsyuome Gyaru: Like Banba, but lighter than banba. More normal looking dark tan.
  • Tsyuome Manba: Darker than Manba, extreme amount accessories.
  • Yamanba: Like manba, but nose stripe goes past eyebrows.
  • http://gyaru.wikia.com/wiki/Types_of_Gyaru

    Any since I am so infatuated with this there will probably be more posts about it. Maybe even some tutorials or pictures to document my progress. So be excited for it.

    My Minihomepy: http://minihp.global.cyworld.com/pims/main/pims_main.asp?tid=D74K4KC2
    anyway that's all for now.
    Sincerely yours with peace, love, and happiness. ~Norri=^_^=v

    6 comments:

    1. Are you in the black gyaru of the world group on FB? u should^^ then you'll get help with the gyaru make up and outfits^^ I'm in there too

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I am a part of that group and I posted once and it really helped. I'm well on my way! I haven't posted anything since because I would like to show some progress and in order to do so I need to get some supplies. I'm working of a budget of 0$ and hand-me-downs from my mom, sister, and friends who have products they don't like. I'm also kind of allergic to the concealer I have, so contouring died down for a while until my face wasn't swollen anymore. I'm also trying to figure out some hairstyles because I have pretty long one length hair. No layers or bangs. So I'll just fake it until I find a solution. SOOO I'll be getting there eventually. Anyway...I know your there and your SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL. I <3 LUV LOVE!!! to look and your pictures and I get all excited when I see you posted something new.d=^_^=b

        Delete
    2. so iv been on this gyaru journey alllll day(and some) an i must say it is quit interesting :3 i love the style an i think it is somthing i might like to become part of (community wise, connecting with others and all)lol. the thing is, i feel like i have always like this kind of style and iv just discovered what it was called in japan. me personally im the rocker type/hip hop which in style is equivalent to a rokku/B-gyaru style type girl, all i really need is the circle lenses and a little blush an ill be well on my way lol. although i dont have nearly as much fashionable clothes as all the other gals im a shopaholic and im bound to be well on my way as soon as i get a job. im also on a o$ budget. times are hard gurl! i love this gyaru summery btw :3

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you and hopefully you join and enjoy our community to the fullest! Good Luck!! d=^_^=b

        Delete
    3. How come you don't have a follow button on your blog?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think I fixed it but if I didn't...then idk how. TELL MEE. sorry i'm sooo late=^_^=v

        Delete